From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Wizard Simulating an LED

Hello, I'm trying to build a circuit for a research project at my university. It uses LEDs with both a specific current and voltage.

The LED itself can be found here:

https://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct.cfm?partnumber=LED830L

The data sheet for the LED can be found here:

https://www.thorlabs.com/drawings/195662909bb597bd-230B1D01-F8E6-83AE-60F1BA3909A2A11E/LED830L-SpecS...

This LED wants 50mA of current with 1.6V.

I want to simulate this LED in Multisim, but the terminal characteristics of the default LEDS are different from what I need.

The component wizard asks questions that I don't know how to answer and I'm concerned that I could get an inaccurate simulation if entered incorrectly.

Could someone help me with getting this component correctly simulated in Multisim? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,730 Views)

К сожалению, работают санкции, или другие ограничения на обе ссылки. Не могли бы вы выложить информацию в другом виде, например PDF, PNG, TXT.или просто скопировать в буфер обмена и вставить прямо на странице форума, который выгодно отличается от других именно такими широкими универсальными возможностями (спасибо создателям и администраторам этой площадки)
По току и напряжению можно сделать модель через создатель компонентов. В спайс нет листинге копируем модель лэда и вставляем её в 5 шаге, затем сохраняем в индивидуальной базе (тем самым мы получаем возможность к открытию модели и её редактированию). А далее увеличиваем Is, пока не получим 1,6 вольт падения на светодиоде.
Температурные свойства можно будет взять из моделей диодов, для которых они прописаны и подставить в исправленном виде в нашу модель. Анимационные свойства при таких операциях теряются.

tipa_0-1669529350786.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,691 Views)

tipa_0-1669529739654.pngtipa_1-1669529792887.png

Вот такие параметры я получаю...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,668 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,656 Views)

Thank you for your response! I've attached the data sheet for the LEDs.

I've also attached some pictures of the component wizard, which is asking me questions that I don't have the answer to.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,613 Views)

Попробуйте сначала создать поведенческую модель для симуляции, если получится, то можно будет идти дальше и создать размерную модель.

tipa_0-1669695315360.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,602 Views)

Вот последовательность действий

СоздатьLED.gif

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,591 Views)

tipa_0-1669702658850.png

После того, как создали компонент в индивидуальной базе, получили доступ к редактированию поведенческой модели. Будем подгонять параметры светодиода под приведённую выше характеристику методом последовательных приближений
IS
N

tipa_1-1669703344663.png

Думаю, довольно точно получилось!
Только нижняя ось в вольтах (ток остался от предыдущих симуляций, забыл поправить)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,576 Views)

wow your all Russian answers are very well i hope more answer will be there in English to read easy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,508 Views)

It is somewhat more difficult for me to answer in a non-native language, but I will take into account the remark, since it is easier for you. It’s just that when you translate the translated text back, such errors can come out that turn the whole meaning upside down.
А за звёзды-спасибо!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,492 Views)