cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Toolbar on Multisim 11.02

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have recently purchased and activated a student version of Multisim 11.0.2, I am trying to create a circuit and there is no component toolbar present amongst others.  All the relevent boxes appear to be checked via view- toolbars, so the tool bar ought to be present but is not. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,327 Views)

Hi RGP,

Thank you for your post. The usual fix for this is to change the Global Restrictions within Multisim.

To do this please follow the instructions in this KnowledgeBase Article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/609A763289E6E81D8625739F0052151F

Please let me know if this fixes it.

Best Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

"I've looked into the reset button, the science is impossible!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,305 Views)

Hello Benjamin,

Thankyou for your pointers, followed the link a did as prompted.  However, under the general tab none of the boxes where checked. Clicked OK anyway but it appears to be just the same.

Any other suggestions? Should I try un-installing and re-install?

Many thanks,

RGP

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,294 Views)

Hi RGP,

It may be that your user interface configuration is corrupt. To set the user interface to the default configuration please follow this knowledgebase article.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2719D00E36A4D53A8625721300685B3F?OpenDocument

Please let me know if you are still having problems.

Best Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,265 Views)

Hello Benjamin,

This does not appear to work either.  Please see the attached file for a picture of what I'm getting.  Under the New User Configuration file tab I have run through the various options, to no avail.

Many thanks,

Robert.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,245 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RGP

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

If possible I would now recommend uninstalling multisim,it could be a corruption of multisim itself. Also after uninstalling please delete the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 11.0 folder. Then restart the PC and re-install.

Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,200 Views)

Good evening Benjamin,

Prior to your previous post I had already un/ re-installed the software to no avail however, I did not delete any files.  So, although I could not find the specific file you mentioned in your post I did find a couple folders in the 'c'  drive marked NI which have been deleted.

Following another un/ re-installation and despite a couple error messages occurring saying the ''installation has failed' (please see the attached word file, should these be a concern?) and lastly, sorting out the 'Global Restrictions' with Rodney, Multisim toolbars work!

I would like to say a big thank you for persevering with me.

Best wishes,

Robert.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,190 Views)