From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get seven segment to print properly?

Hi, I'm using multiim 9 and I was wondering if there is a way to have seven segment displays print in white outline with the 7 segments visible.  As it stand now they print as either black or white boxes with no segments.  Using Multisim 2001 these print properly.  Is there s setting I need to change?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,933 Views)
I tried to print 7 segment displays and they seemed to work fine in version 9. Multisim and Ultiboard has known compatibility issues with certain printers and this could be causing the issue. As an alternative, I could suggest that you print to a PDF using software such as CutePDF.
----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,923 Views)
Thanks, even in PDF form the 7 segments are just a box with no segments.  Perhaps there is a program update I'm missing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,918 Views)

I believe the latest version of Multisim 9 is 9.1.221. Click on Help>>About Multisim to see the product version.

The 7 segment displays only print when they are lit. Nothing will print if the display is dim.

Can I ask what version of Windows you are running?

----------
Yi
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,915 Views)
I'm using XP Pro.  I have not lit them, I'm just doing diagrams for my instructor, not building working circuits.  In multisim 2001 this isn't a problem, I guess I'll have to do some photoshopping.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,913 Views)
OK. Try hooking up a 7 segment display and force all the segments on. Multisim will print the displays with hollow segments. That may be what you were looking for.
----------
Yi
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,911 Views)