From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find LM238 voltage regulator in Multisim

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new to Multisim.  I can't find a LM238 voltage regulator in the library under power sources/voltge regulators.  In fact, I did a general search and couldn't find it anywhere.  What's usually done in a case like this?  My intuition tells me that I shouldn't have to redesign my circuit just because I can't find a component in Multisim.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(20,799 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VI_Joe

Hi there,

We don't have a model for the LM238, but we do have a model for the LM138. According to this datasheet, the LM138, LM238 and LM338 are identical except for operating temperature ranges. You can place a LM138 component from the master database and use that for simulationand layout.

Hope that helps.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
Message 2 of 8
(20,795 Views)

Hello everyone.

I am trying to find LM138/238/338 or LT338 but cannot find it. The funny thing is i have Multisim 11.0 installed, in this case do I have to update my library or something like that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(19,166 Views)

Hi,

Attached is a model for the LM138, now you can create a component and save it to your database.  If you are not sure how to do this, have a look at this:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(19,119 Views)

Hello sir,

Actually I'm also new to Multisim.  I can't find a MIC29302 voltage regulator in the library under power sources/voltge regulators.  In fact, I did a general search and couldn't find it anywhere.  What's usually done in a case like this?  My intuition tells me that I shouldn't have to redesign my circuit just because I can't find a component in Multisim.

please help me sir.

Thanks in advance,

Neev

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,717 Views)

You can use another voltage regulator, a generic one, just be sure to verify it has the same voltage and current values. It shouldn't affect your design

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,706 Views)

Good day all,
I've been working different projects on Multisim and I've noticed there are no voltage regulators at all.
I want to know if they were saved with a different name, or i have to create a custom component for voltage regulation each time.

thank you in advance to whoever replies

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,119 Views)

Держите рабочие модели. Правой кнопкой выберите "сохранить", и они будут сохранены в Вашей индивидуальной базе.

tipa_0-1669196010272.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,103 Views)