Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find LM238 voltage regulator in Multisim

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new to Multisim.  I can't find a LM238 voltage regulator in the library under power sources/voltge regulators.  In fact, I did a general search and couldn't find it anywhere.  What's usually done in a case like this?  My intuition tells me that I shouldn't have to redesign my circuit just because I can't find a component in Multisim.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(20,678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VI_Joe

Hi there,

We don't have a model for the LM238, but we do have a model for the LM138. According to this datasheet, the LM138, LM238 and LM338 are identical except for operating temperature ranges. You can place a LM138 component from the master database and use that for simulationand layout.

Hope that helps.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
Message 2 of 8
(20,674 Views)

Hello everyone.

I am trying to find LM138/238/338 or LT338 but cannot find it. The funny thing is i have Multisim 11.0 installed, in this case do I have to update my library or something like that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(19,045 Views)

Hi,

Attached is a model for the LM138, now you can create a component and save it to your database.  If you are not sure how to do this, have a look at this:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(18,998 Views)

Hello sir,

Actually I'm also new to Multisim.  I can't find a MIC29302 voltage regulator in the library under power sources/voltge regulators.  In fact, I did a general search and couldn't find it anywhere.  What's usually done in a case like this?  My intuition tells me that I shouldn't have to redesign my circuit just because I can't find a component in Multisim.

please help me sir.

Thanks in advance,

Neev

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,596 Views)

You can use another voltage regulator, a generic one, just be sure to verify it has the same voltage and current values. It shouldn't affect your design

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,585 Views)

Good day all,
I've been working different projects on Multisim and I've noticed there are no voltage regulators at all.
I want to know if they were saved with a different name, or i have to create a custom component for voltage regulation each time.

thank you in advance to whoever replies

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,998 Views)

Держите рабочие модели. Правой кнопкой выберите "сохранить", и они будут сохранены в Вашей индивидуальной базе.

tipa_0-1669196010272.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,982 Views)