Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create custom footprint

I've been trying to create a footprint for a relay NT73-2 that should look like this:

o         o
o
    o         o

the o's symbolize the pads... The component wizard has fixed package types that dont match with the one I need... What should I do.. plase help...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,909 Views)

Hi, on these cases, when the component wizard is not enough, you can create the component from scratch, and what I mean from that is that you will create everything, from the pads, to the silkscreen, to the 3D info (if any), etc.

Just go to Tools >> Database >> Database Manager, select (on your left) the User Database, and from the Parts section (the one in the center), click on the 'Create New Part' button, is the one right next to the Parts label. It will take you the In-Place Edit mode screen with a blank screen and the x?? attribute text. You can start placing pads and drawing silkscreen and other objects by using the menus, or by selecting the appropiate layer from the design toolbox and then using the menus to place objects. Use the ruler bars to help you place pads in the correct position from one another.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,872 Views)