Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can multisim be set to automatically change component values?

Hi all,

I'm a little new to the newest versions of Multisim (currently using 12), the last version I used was about 10+ years ago, so bear with me if my question seems too simple...

I'm trying to simulate a boost converter and was wondering if there was a way for multisim to automatically change component values with respect to time. In other words, I give it a rannge of values and it will cycle through them -or just vary them in any way at all? If it's available, I might have not seen it. Thanks for all your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,037 Views)

My sincerest apologies to all, I'm not sure how to change the topic question or edit the original question - my original post should have been to ask how to automatically chenge stepping functions in Multisim. Sorry for the inconnvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,033 Views)

Hi,

The Step Voltage source is basically a piecewise linear source with 4 data points, so instead of using the step function you can use the PWL source instead and add as many data points as you want. If you are not sure what a PWL source is, refer to this:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11591/en/

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,983 Views)