From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Mutisim Blue open my MS Power Pro schematics and layouts?

Solved!
Go to solution

I meant I could convert it to ver 14, not ver 11.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,603 Views)

My customer's MS Blue Premium was able to open some small MS14.1 Power Pro schematics, which was a pleasant surprise since 14.1 is barely out.  Still need to test some larger files and UB layouts.

Simulation capabilities are way more basic than I was expecting.  I knew there would be some limitations with respect to Power Pro, but the only simulation we see provided is interactive.  I didn't see any way to modify SPICE simulation parameters which is needed very often.  I would also have expected the basic simulation functions of DC, AC and transient analysis.  For the most part these can be done through the schematic instruments and interactive simulation, but it's much less convenient and less flexible.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(979 Views)

Thanks for letting us know all that. It is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbur

My customer tells me they we able to also successfully open a huge MS design (45 pages) as well as a medium sized UB design.  Both were version 14.1.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(969 Views)

Thank you dbur. I believe this forum can be close correct? I mean you recieved a responde from NI last year. If you could put that as the "solved" that would be appreciate.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(963 Views)