Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add microcontrollers library to Multisim ?

Can I add a microcontrollers library to Multisim?

Hello Guys, I have a question.

I'm engineering student in electronic, and sometimes I have used Multisim for design and simulation the different circuits, but I haven't seen a part or a section for the AVR or the other microcontrollers, the microcontrollers only, that I see are MCUs PIC´S and 805x.

So can I add a library for the AVR´s MCUs?, If this can be done, How can I do it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,388 Views)

Hello Jesus_Reyes,

Thank you for using the National Instruments forums. Unfortunately our Multisim MCU Module only supports Microchip PIC16F84 (a) and Intel 8051/8052 microcontrollers as you mentioned, as well as advanced peripherals such as external RAM and ROM.

What MCU family is the one you are trying to use? We would like to know the users preferences when using our products.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edgar Rosales
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,354 Views)

Hi,

Related this topic;

"https://forums.ni.com/t5/National-Instruments-Circuit/Multisim-and-MPLAB-Co-simulation-for-Microcont..."

what happens when i click on the link here; "You do not have access to view this page or to perform this action."

How we can solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,933 Views)

I know this response is WAY late, but it would be really nice to have a lineup of AVR and SAM devices. One of the most common hobbyist AVR MCUs is the ATMEGA328P, which is the same MCU used on a lot of Arduinos. The SAMD21 and SAMD51 MCUs are used on a lot of mid-tier projects. I don't see a whole bunch of projects utilizing PIC anymore and especially not Intel. That may change in the future, but for now it seems like AVR and SAM MCUs dominate the market.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,158 Views)