From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMPONENT BIN AND INSTRUMENTS NOT AVAILABLE

For some reason, (Multisim 2001)  the component bin and instruments are greyed out. I can no longer build circuits.
I can load my existing circuits and run the simulator but I can't load an instrument or add new parts..

Could I  have inadvertently disabled them some how?  I checked all my preference settings and as I see it, they
should be available.

Any idea would be appreciated.

DonD-1 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,209 Views)

Try going to the Options menu, then select Global Restrictions (or Circuit Restrictions? -try both)... if you see a prompt for a password the default is "testbench" and I guess that your options are all going to be disabled... re-enable them.

If that does not works then go to your installation directory path, and from the Users folder delete your configuration file (make a backup copy first -just in case)... restart Multisim it will recreate that file.

Nestor
Message 2 of 3
(4,204 Views)

Thank you Nestor, I am back in business.!!

Going to "Global Restrictions" and entering "Testbench" as you said,did the trick..

It presnted me with a dialog box showing a list of tool bars which were all cheked "disabled".

I unclicked all the check marks and now everything.works ok.

Thanks again!!

DonD-1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,193 Views)