From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT CREATE A NEW COMPONENT

Im trying to practise making new components in multisim as whenever i try to build a circuit from the net im often missing the component i need.

Im following the instructions found at http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3173/en/

Im following the instructions and when i apply the filter and enter the information shown in the attachment i get the message footprint not found in ultiboard database.

Any ideas i dont think i stand much of creating any new components if i cant even create the one in the tutorial

Im running multisim 14

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,537 Views)

Hi Contender12,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm James from National Instruments Application Engineering.

I'm looking through this tutorial to figure out if there's an error in the tutorial. 

I'll let you know what I find a little later this week once I've had time to do it.

Until then.

Best Regards, 

James Kinch 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,490 Views)

Thanks james let me know what you find out

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,486 Views)

Hi Contender12,

While I'm working through this, could you please send me the file you created from this tutorial? 

Best Regards, 

James 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,482 Views)

Hi Contender12,

The issue you're having is down to the tutorial being a little out of date. The issue you're having is resolved through selecting 'Package' rather than Ultiboard Footprint and then entering the same information. 

I'm currently making notes on the areas of the tutorial that require corrections or updates. 

Best Regards, 

James Kinch 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,478 Views)

I have submitted these changes to the team in charge of tutorials, I hope that the tutorial is updated soon to let you continue with your development.

To speed this process up, could you also submit feedback about the points that you believe need changing (by clicking the 'Submit your review' located at the top of the tutorial)? 

Best Regards, 

James

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,477 Views)

Thank you so much genuinely appreciated I will try and make a new component using the change you request merry Christmas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,473 Views)

Great and it's absolutely no problem 🙂

Merry Christmas! 

Message 8 of 9
(3,470 Views)

I'll also submit the feedback 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,469 Views)