Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs List - please advise

Alex,

I agree with your partial bug list. Just wait until you encounter the other bugs features that you don’t have listed. Tein has worked diligently to help me work through or around most them but the buck usually stops when it gets classified as a design feature.

I think your #13 needs immediate attention. I have done 30 or so boards using Multisim starting with version 8. Every time it is painstaking to keep track of power sources, virtual connections and the various grounds. 

I even tried just renaming the nets with no power connections to 5VDC, 3VDC, COM1, COM2 etc, instead of using the symbol. This makes a virtual connection between all of the same net names on a sheet. But when you go to the next sheet, you can’t just rename the net to the same net name used on the previous sheet since the software wont allow virtual nets across multiple sheets.

I complained about this many versions ago. I am really surprised it is still this difficult to deal with such a basic need. 
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(1,316 Views)
Hi Yeti,

Also this one could be classified as a "feature", I agree that this deserves a lot of attention. We work a lot with named nets, powers and grounds (who doesn't??), and the inability to copy these objects could easily lead to disaster due to naming errors. We usually find a couple of critical errors in the revision of the board, and I'm afraid that we eventually won't find it in time.

For something that could be so easily avoided, it would be quite disturbing.

Thank you for your comment,

Alex
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(1,302 Views)
Is there a MultiSim bugs list?
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,237 Views)