Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big difference between simulation and real testbench

Hi,

I am using multisim 14.1. Preparing a simulation of a 3-phase- system for students, the results don´t match measurement on our implemented testbench. 

Any ideas?

regards

blanne

3-phase-system.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,218 Views)

Hi blanne,

Did you have a chance to measure the real values of capacitance and inductance of the components you are using at you testbench? It looks like they may not have exactly 1.5Ohms and 100uF as you have set in the simulation. That would explain why readings for second and third phases are most inaccurate.  

Best Regards. 

---
CLA,CTD,CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,151 Views)

Hi Mateusz,

the difference is not related to tolerances. It seems to be a problem of Multisim 14, especially in calculating the current of the zero conductor. Using my old version of Multisim 10, I get results very close to the calculation.

Best Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,147 Views)

Hi blanne,

It looks like 3-phase generators were designed differently (different SPICE code) in Multisim 10 and 14. I will let you know as soon as I will have more details and ideas on how to overcome the problem. 

Thanks. 

---
CLA,CTD,CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,985 Views)

Hi blanne,

were you able to solve your problem? Do you have any additional questions?

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,903 Views)

Hi Andrzej,

for my task, using multisim 10 was sufficient. I only want to give an hint that the model in multisim 14 is not ok and should be optimized.

Regards

blanne

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,843 Views)