Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applicable Updates and Importing Spice Models

Two part question:

Just installed version 10.0.144 (as seen in help-about Multisim) from CD and since my company uses a proxy server, I will need to manually check for updates.  How do I know which updates are available for this version ?

Next, and more importantly, I need to import externally developed Spice models, assign them a shape and be able to use them in a simulation.  While you do have a method for importing a spice netlist, I do not see anything that applies to subckt models (files that contain a .subckt definition. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,073 Views)

Hi there,

It is possible to configure the Multisim 10 updater to use a proxy server.

1. Launch the Support and Update Utility (SUU)
  2. SUU will check for updates, but will fail if you haven't configured SUU to use the proxy server
  3. On the main SUU window, click Settings
  4. On the second tab labeled Internet Connection Settings, enter the settings for you proxy server
  5. Click OK and restart SUU

The latest update of Multisim 10.0 will update your version to 10.0.343.

As for your second question, it is relatively easy to create symbols and components that use SPICE models. What you need to do is outlined in this tutorial: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173.

Hope that answered your questions.

Message Edited by yyao on 01-27-2009 01:02 PM
----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,069 Views)

Thanks, but when I try to run the updater, I get a "Run-time error '0':  Subscript out of range".  Then the window disappears and I have no chance to modify any settings.

Our proxy server uses port 9119 and I wonder if that is the problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,065 Views)
Sorry for the bad typing - it's Run-tim error '9'.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,064 Views)

The port number shouldn't be the problem. I was unable to reproduce the error message, but we may be running different versions of windows. Can I ask what version of Windows you are running and what software the proxy server is running?

Thanks.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,060 Views)

I'm running XP with all the latest available updates.  And, BTW, I downloaded the version 10.0.1 dated Jun 2007.  After installing it, the license update went smoothly and now when I open the Circuit Design Suite it shows version 10.0.343 and when I open the update utility it briefly appears and then disappears without an error message.  So it may be operating correctly now, but I think there should be a proxy login screen at this point and I see none.  In any case, my version is the latest and I'm now checking out the link you provided on the other subject

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,055 Views)

Glad to hear that the update has been resolved.

Hope you enjoy using Multisim!

----------
Yi
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,052 Views)