From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I limited to transistors with their dimensions hardcoded in the model?

How do I design with transistors with different width and length ratios....Ideally I'd want to have the dimensions dislayed on the schematic just like in cadence composer. I'm new to Multisim and don't really know how to load process/model files. Thanks, your help will be greately appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,864 Views)

I hope I am understanding what you are wanting to accomplish. The dimensions (shape and size) of the transistor have nothing to do with the model file. You can change the symbol using the symbol editor to adjust it to your specifications. You could even add your dimensions there as text and graphics so that they show up in the schematic each time you place that particular component.

There should be tutorials on how to edit components on the NI Website and also in your documentation that was included with Multisim. I suggest that you definitely read the documentation that came with your version of Multisim. This will help you understand the process involved in editing components better than what I could explain it.

I hope  this is what you are referring to and I also hiope this helps.

Have A Nice Day

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,859 Views)