From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4MHZ colpitt crystal oscillator

Hello,

Can someone please show me how to design and simulate a 4MHZ colpitts crystal oscillator, please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,471 Views)

Hello trott1187,

You can find several schematics for oscillators like this one http://www.electronicecircuits.com/electronic-circuits/colpitts-1-to-20-mhz-crystal-oscillator online.

Diego H

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,422 Views)

Hi dihidalg,

Thank you so much. I have tried to create a circuit usig the multism software.

Problems:

- When i simulate i do not see anything in the oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer.

- How do i see if the circuit oscillates at 4HMZ

I have attached the circuit, please help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,397 Views)

An example of 4 Mhz Colpitts using electrical equivalent to quartz crystal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,623 Views)

We can compare the crystal equivalent to the function generator.

Possibly the function generator will be more intuitive and less time consuming. 

I think that the parameters of a given crystal circuit are more related to what we are doing.

The crystal electrical equivalent are fixed values that are inside the case of a crystal.

I believe that the crystal's drive level can be found and set. The frequency at which the crystal

likes to be will be maximum or peak on a curve. Finding tiny parameters is a real challenge. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,593 Views)

We can compare the crystal equivalent to the function generator.

Possibly the function generator will be more intuitive and less time consuming. 

I think that the parameters of a given crystal circuit are more related to what we are doing.

The crystal electrical equivalent are fixed values that are inside the case of a crystal.

I believe that the crystal's drive level can be found and set. The frequency at which the crystal

likes to be will be maximum or peak on a curve. Finding tiny parameters is a real challenge. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,593 Views)