Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4MHZ colpitt crystal oscillator

Hello,

Can someone please show me how to design and simulate a 4MHZ colpitts crystal oscillator, please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,414 Views)

Hello trott1187,

You can find several schematics for oscillators like this one http://www.electronicecircuits.com/electronic-circuits/colpitts-1-to-20-mhz-crystal-oscillator online.

Diego H

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,365 Views)

Hi dihidalg,

Thank you so much. I have tried to create a circuit usig the multism software.

Problems:

- When i simulate i do not see anything in the oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer.

- How do i see if the circuit oscillates at 4HMZ

I have attached the circuit, please help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,340 Views)

An example of 4 Mhz Colpitts using electrical equivalent to quartz crystal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,566 Views)

We can compare the crystal equivalent to the function generator.

Possibly the function generator will be more intuitive and less time consuming. 

I think that the parameters of a given crystal circuit are more related to what we are doing.

The crystal electrical equivalent are fixed values that are inside the case of a crystal.

I believe that the crystal's drive level can be found and set. The frequency at which the crystal

likes to be will be maximum or peak on a curve. Finding tiny parameters is a real challenge. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,536 Views)

We can compare the crystal equivalent to the function generator.

Possibly the function generator will be more intuitive and less time consuming. 

I think that the parameters of a given crystal circuit are more related to what we are doing.

The crystal electrical equivalent are fixed values that are inside the case of a crystal.

I believe that the crystal's drive level can be found and set. The frequency at which the crystal

likes to be will be maximum or peak on a curve. Finding tiny parameters is a real challenge. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,536 Views)