Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 pin SCA-2 connector

I am looking for a model for Multisim and Ultiboard. The connector is a a 40 pin connector. It has 4 rows of 10 pins. I do not know how to model this connector. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Philip
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,040 Views)
What version of Multisim/Ultiboard do you have?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,024 Views)
I have Multisim 2001 and Ultiboard 2001. I was thinking of upgrading. But the big weakness with Ultiboard is the painful process of creating connectors. I have been looking at the Internet for programs to create footprints. No luck as yet.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,020 Views)

Hi Phillip,

In Ultiboard, to create a connector select tools--> Library Manager.  There are two columns, library and parts.  On the part side click on the first icon which is the "new" icon.  You should get a dialog box with the option to select new PCB parts.
When you are in the footprint edit mode, the place menu should have everything you need. 
Select Place-->Footprint pins to place your footprint.  On the right side of the dialog, you will see row/column, enter the number of pins for each row/column.  The field beside this is center to center distance for each pad.

Once you have everything, define just place in on the work area.
To draw silkscreen, make the silkscreen layer the active layer.  Under the place menu, select shape to draw whatever shape you want.

The question “X?” is your default reference ID location, place this at the appropriate location. The other “?” is for the value of the component, usually, I don’t put this on the PCB board and I make this invisible.

Once everything is setup save it to your database, make sure the name of the footprint you use is the same as the name of the footprint in Multisim.

Tip:  Use the asterisk (*) key on the number pad, don't press shitft+8.  This function allows you to enter exact coordinates.  If you need to place your pad at a specific location, use this.  The center on the pad will go the coordinate that you entered.

Message 4 of 5
(5,987 Views)

Thank you very much for the help. It is easy to make active spice models. I have not been able to make mechanicle models. I did find a PCB model maker. But it will be realsed in December for Ultiboard. Th price is kind of steep. $1575. It is called I think PCBlibraries. It only works on SMT products. I will work on creating the model tonight. It is one of thise things that bugs you until you get the problem resolved.

Thank  You

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,983 Views)