From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D LED looks funny when put on the bottom side of the board. How do I make 3D parts like this?

I placed 2ea LED9R2_5V parts on a small board and put one of them on bottom. Not all of it goes to the back! Sure looks funny. Let me back up a bit. Apparently, the 3D model of the LED is made of 5 parts: a short bottom cylinder with the flat, a narrower tall cylinder for the body, the two pins, and a sphere for the rounded shape at the top. When placing the LED on the far side of the board, the sphere stays on top - floating in free space. I'll just chaulk this up as a temporary anomoly. My question is, how can I make 3D parts out of separate shapes? For example, on a trimpot, I would like to place the adjustment screwhead on the side to show where it is located in 3D. It would be a short cylinder with it's axis perpendicular to the board. I'm using version 10.1 on WinXP (eagerly awaiting Win7!) Unfortunatly, I can't seem to get the attachment button to work. You'll have to try placing one of those LEDs on a board & try it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,364 Views)

Hi there,

This has been a long standing issue that has been fixed. It will be available in our next major release of Multisim. Thanks for reporting it!

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,355 Views)