From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajt

Ultra Librarian Support for Multisim and Ultiboard

I posted the following in the main Multisim - Ultiboard forum but it was suggested I post it here.  Sorry for the duplicate posting.

Digi-key and other distributors are providing schematic symbols and footprints via Ultra Librarian in many formats (e.g. OrCad, Altium, Cadence, even Eagle!!) but NOT for Multisim or Ultiboard.  I have asked the Ultra Librarian people why this is and they say they have tools to support it but are having trouble getting required information from NI to complete the work and make a release.  

What does it take to get Ultra Librarian the information they need?  Who is the right NI contact?  Why do we MS/UB users not have the same tools as the other package users?  

2 Comments
aestay

Support UltraLibrarian can attract lots of more users to multisim and ultiboard.
SnapEDA also is considering to support it. SnapEDA even supports TINA! What is holding back NI to cooperate ?

ajt

I have recently contacted both SnapEDA and Ultra Librarian about NI Cuiuitt Suite support.  Both of them say it is NI holding this up.

What???  

This has been going on for well over a year, maybe even 2 years!

I tried to find a way to contact NI directly on this but can't find how to do it.  Does anyone know how to do this?

I think all of us users should all send contats to NI management about this. Even if we don't have native SnapEDA and Ultra Librarian support, if we had the ability to import one or more of the popular EDA tool formats that would be fine.