From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Russtick

Global layer turn off, Net colour, Rotate & Grid shortcuts

Hi

Was advised to post this here so here it is. (again, with tags this time)

Some problems I've encountered so far in no particular order:-

1. Part reference: When selecting a part, regardless of where the cursor is once selected, I would expect the part to jump to the cursor on its part reference.......it doesn't, it picks it up wherever you choose. I've tried the "change the grids" to smaller, but this seems ridiculous that you have to zoom in to pick a part on centre, or type in co-ords. The only way I've found is via the "part tab", but you can't keep going to that every time you want to move a component.

2. Printing: When printing out the board layers, top, bottom, ident etc. and selecting fit to page, it doesn't, it's like the preview is seeing another layer that is turned off. So you get a print that looks like it's seeing the drawing format.

3. Rotate component: CNTL R for 90deg. If another rotation is required it's by numerous clicks of the mouse. Why can't a specified increment be set up eg 45deg. via say CNTL,ALT R. If numerous components are being placed at a specified angle, to have to click select click select from a mouse right click sub menu is time consuming.

4. Toggle between preset grids via shortcut key.

5. Assign a net a colour: I generally turn 0V & +V off when placing to de-clutter. BUT, where certain nets need to be easily identified, like a locally used voltage, earth ground etc, this is useful.

6. Layers: Global turn ON/OFF of layers, having to double click (to grey, then off) is a pain.

7. Drawing blanks A2, A3 etc: To have said blanks saved as a default with standard commonly used notes, and have the fields/attributes (drawn by, date, drawing no, title, material, finish, etc) tabulated to fill in like an Autocad block.

So far, the manual and the net have failed me for answers.

That's it......for now.

Russ