Multisim Custom Simulation Analyses and Instruments Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to use these LLBs in Multisim 11

Hi All,

I am using Multisim 11. I followed the instruction to download the .zip file (for Multisim 11.x) and unzipped it. Then I copied the unzipped things to my User LabVIEW Instruments Path, as found in "Global Reference". Then I closed Multisim and the folder. After I re-open the Multisim, I still cannot find the instrument in the "LabVIEW Instruments". I am totally confused.

The system I am using is Windows 7, I also use Multisim 11 on Windows 8 on another computer. And I got the same problem on both systems.

Do you have any clue? What should I do? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(10,047 Views)

Hi there,

Is there a specific LabVIEW instrument you want to install? Do you have a 32-bit or 64-bit machine?

In Multisim go to Help>>About Multisim. What's the exact version (11.x.xxx)?

Do you have Multisim Base, Full, Power Pro, Student?

Regards,

Fernando D.

NI

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

My system is 64-bit Windows 7 (I am also using Multisim on another computer with Windows 8.1). My Multisim version is 11.0.278

It is Education Edition. So far, I do not have special LabVIEW instrument to install, I just want to practice how to import such an instrument. Thank you.

Best,

Jianchuan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Hi again,

Here are some troubleshooting steps.

First of all install the version 11.0.0.2 (equivalent to 11.0.458). There are no specific fixes for LabVIEW instruments on this update, however it is a good idea to install it. You can download the update here.

After the installation restart your computer.

Now, let's try to use a basic instrument: Sawtooth Waveform Generator Download the file compatible with Multisim 11.x: SawtoothWaveform_M11.x_M12.0.zip.

Unzip the file, you should now have the following:

sawtoothwfmv1.llb file

sawtoothwfmv1 folder (this folder contains a dll file)

Open Multisim, go to Options>>Global Preferences>>Paths and locate the User LabVIEW instruments path. For instance, in my Win 7 32-bit machine the path is:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 11.0\LVInstruments

Close Multisim, copy and paste the extracted files (sawtoothwfmv1.llb and the sawtoothwfmv1 folder) to the LVInstruments folder.

Restart Multisim. Go to LabVIEW Instruments (Instruments toolbar), the Sawtooth instrument should be there, as shown below:

lvinst.png

Hope this helps,

Fernando D.

NI

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Hi,I am having the exact same problem as the OP. I have Multisim 12.0.1 and LabVIEW 2013 (x32). I have tried creating my own Instrument and I have tried downloading the Sawtooth Waveform Generator you suggest above. I followed the instruction, but neither Instrument appears in the Instruments toolbar in Multisim.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Any further ideas?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Hi Fernando_D,

Thank you for the suggestions. I downloaded the 11.0.0.2 and installed it. And I follow all the steps you suggested. But I still cannot see any "User Defiend LV Instrument(s)" in the Multisim. Do you have any idea what's wrong with it? Thank you.

I am using windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Skywarrior340,Have a look in your circuit design\lvinstruments folder (it's here C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 12.0\lvinstruments on my installation). There should be a pair of files called:

LVInstrIFxx00.llb

LVInstrIFxx00.dll

where the xx is a number corresponding to the version of LabVIEWyou are running. I am using LabVIEW 2013 so, fo me xx = 13. If you don't have these files, contact technical support and they can provide them.

That worked for me. Cheers

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Than you Ben, I have sent email to NI support for the files. Again, thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Hello!

You got the LLB and DLL files indicated the correct version?

If you did, you're sending me?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,655 Views)

Hi!

I want to get the .llb and .dll files too. My multisim is the version 11.0. Thanks a lot!

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,655 Views)