From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write data into fifo and output at the same time, pci 6711

I am now communicating with PCI 6711 DAQ card by using LabVIEW 7.1. I tried to write a 2-d array -- many <x,y> values -- into the FIFO on the PCI 6711, and the <x,y> values should be outputted one by one to the 2 analog outputs -- x to AO0 and y to AO1 at the same time, depending on the hardware clock (or the trigger). Can anyone tell me, if it is possible to do this. If yes, how? I have got the figure by using DAQmx, but i don't know if they are being outputted really at the SAME time and if it is independently from software (I mean LabVIEW or Windows).

Software: LabVIEW 7.1
Hardware: PCI-6711

Thanks

Jiong
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,639 Views)

There are plenty examples installed with your driver. Check the following folder on your computer:

...National Instruments/LabView 7.1/examples/DAQmx/Analog Output/Generate Voltage.llb

Inside the .llb are various VIs, using internal or external clocks, different triggertypes etc.

Here you can find an example, that shows how to output multiple channels:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5001

Hope this helps!

André

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,628 Views)

Thanks for the SUPER quick answer Smiley Very Happy

I'll try it again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,625 Views)