Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 2k user privileges

When setting up a low privilege user in Win2k I get errors that certain VIs are not found. A NI engineer informed me that certain VIs are not accessable from a low level user. These VIs have to be accessed from an administrator user. How can this be? I need for students to be able to use the computers.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,242 Views)
Which LV Version are you using? Which VI's are you missing? Which Win2k service pack are you using?
There was once a problem with the DAQ & File I/O VI's under Win2k SP2. You have to check if the llb's where your missing VI's are placed,have the right permissions.
For DAQ & FIle I/O VI's:
Go to the LabVIEW 6/vi.lib/daq directory as an Administrator and make sure all
the .llb files gave Read and Read & Execute permissions to Power Users and Users. After this you
reboot and logg back on as a non-Administrator. The vi's should show up on the palette now.

The same thing to get the missing file i/o VI's to show. Set the permissions correctly
for the file LabVIEW 6/vi.lib/utility/file.llb.

Hope this helps
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)
Hello;

You can try to uninstall Labview and reinstall it under an administrator account, but there are some VIs that can't be accessed if the account doesn't have administrator privilegies.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,242 Views)