From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will daqmx 7.4 have programmatic r/w access to ni-max scales?

I've been waiting to get labview access to scale and info in NI Max. I would like to be able to update values when instrument calibration changes. In some cases that happens hourly, so it isn't feasible to update values manually. So far I've been keeping my own copy of scale values in a .ini file or in a database and I set the scale info every time I start labview or do a calibration. It seems inefficient and is extra code that I need to maintain and train others to use.

Is this capability coming out in 7.4? If so, I'd love to test it.

thanks,
George
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,626 Views)
Check out this link...I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/398AC5E81E683F7D86256FB9000D8717?opendocument&node=10119_Us

PS. There was another post on where to download 7.4

StuartG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,615 Views)
I love it. I hadn't thought about it before, but application distribution will be so much easier now. I downloaded the new version last night and will give it a try today. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,607 Views)
NP....enjoy...and let us know if you have any recommendations for making these features better.

StuartG
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,592 Views)