Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does my vi not work

I have another question concerning the operation of the attached vi.  The vi is supposed to read two modules on each (timed) loop, but Module 1 (4arm bridge-9237) does not respond.  It gives error 200279. Module 5 (9213), on the other hand, seems to work fine. Might you be able to tell me what's wrong?  Thanks - Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,016 Views)

Hi ed c-

The polymorphic instance of your DAQmx Read.vi is set to 1 Chan 1 Sample.  Error -200279 says that increasing the buffer size, reading the data more frequently, or specifying a fixed number of samples to read instead of reading all available samples might correct the problem.  Right now, your rate is set to 10,000, but your Read VIs only read one sample per iteration, so the loop has to iterate at 10,000 Hz to keep up with the data.  That is now going to work.  Set the DAQmx Read.vi to 1 Chan N Samp and run the VI, and it should work now.  You may have to play with the number of samples to read (wiring a -1 to the "number of samples per channel" input tells it to read all available samples).

I hope this helps.  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,995 Views)

Thanks, Gary. The fix seems to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,961 Views)