From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a cDAQ 9184 in a project

Hello:

Currently I am using a cFP-2200 with multiple modules. i had to improve the performace and signal collection for a load cell, analog Input need more speed. I purchase a cDAQ 9184 with a NI 9205 Analog Input and Load cell.  I can see the Network Devise in Max and it shows the cDAQ 9184 and both modules, I can test all the inputs and read data just fine using the test inputs.

I am using LabView 2012 with the latest pack (or update). No I have not updated to LabView 2013, I do not like make those type of changes in the middle of project once the project is completed I will do so.

I can not add the cDAQ 9184 to the project list I does not show in the list of Target Devices, I have look for it in intire list.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,449 Views)

Hi Toro,

You shouldn't need to create a target in Project Explorer to access your cDAQ 9184.  First make sure that you have DAQmx drivers installed (I've attached a link below).  Then in your block diagram use the DAQmx Create Channel function to establish communication with your device.  You can right click the Physical Channels input terminal and create a constant that will allow you to select the appropriate device and module.

DAQmx 9.8:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.8/4297/en/

Myriam

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,427 Views)