Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using DAQ to take external triggers and sync with SMU for measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

I plan to use a PXI-6230 and PXIe-4141 for a triggered measurement. 

the plan is to use the DAQ to take the external TTL trigger, route it to backplane. PXI_Trig0-7, and use it to trigger SMU for measurements. 

any one have any idea how to do this? I'm using C# for development. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Shawn_Liu

You can do it as shown below in LabVIEW, in C# it will be similar, just that you would need to know the format of the terminal for the trigger.

santo_13_0-1610241634361.png

If you are not too specific about which PXI_Trig line to use, you can use this method, DAQmx and PXI Platform services does a dynamic route between the source terminal and destination automatically.

Use the below trigger source format when configuring the Measurement Trigger on the SMU session.
/<PXI6230instrument_alias>/<PFILine>

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 5
(1,139 Views)

Great! thanks for the reply. 

I just figured out how to use connect terminals in C# today and routed PFI0 from PXI-6230 to PXI_trig0. 

I'll receive my SMU module next week and I'll try your method. I hope it will work. 

I wish NI has a complete manual to show how to use those modules like Keithley does, not just help files and examples. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,134 Views)

it works well like what you suggested. thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,110 Views)

Good to know that your query was addressed. Please mark the appropriate reply as the answer to close this thread.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,090 Views)