From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use PFI 0 line to trigger AI and AO channels on DAQ 6008

Hello,

I am attempting to use the PFI 0 line on the DAQ USB 6008 to trigger an AI and AO channel at a user-specified frequency. The 6008 is not listed as a device that can use the examples I've found so far, but the specification manual does state: 

"When an analog input task is defined, you can configure PFI 0 as a digital trigger input. WHen the digital trigger is enabled, the AI task waits for a rising or falling edge on PFI 0 before starting the acquisition. To use AI Start Trigger (ai/StartTrigger) with a digital source, specify PFI 0 as the source and select a rising or falling edge."

However, it also implies that an exernal digital signal is required for the PFI line. Can I trigger on the 6008 by itself, or do I need an external digital signal? If so, what kind of hardware would I need?

I consider myself pretty new to LabView, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Gigi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,573 Views)

Hi glin2,

You could trigger the 6008 by itself by connecting a Digital Output to the PFI line.

Or you could just simply connect a button to the PFI line. You could start acquiring at the fallen edge or the rising edge (it depends on how you configure it).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,539 Views)

Hi chaka 1234,

Thanks for the suggestion. Because I'm trying to acquire analog input from channels AI0 and A04, would I just select PFI as the digital trigger source in the DAQ Assistant? OR, do I wire the PFI line to a digital output line, then select that DO line as the digital trigger source for the AI channels? Is there any other "physical" wiring that I would need to do?

Sorry about all the basic questions! 

Gigi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,526 Views)