Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 9233 hardware analog trigger

Hi,

Can someone tell me if USB 9233 can be hardware triggered (eg, level, slope and hysteresis). I did not find this info in the user's manual.

Thanks.

Ian.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,460 Views)
Hi Ian, sorry for the slow response here.

The USB-9233 does not have hardware triggering.  You will either need to program what you want to do in software, or purchase a PXI DSA board with these capabilities.

Thanks,
mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,433 Views)

Thanks, Mike

Can you please check why the attached code does not work with USB9233.

I am trying to take a few triggerred measurements. The attached code works with PCI 4474, but not on USB 9233.

On USB 9233, it takes the first set of data and then the USB 9233 hardware becomes disconnected (the LED either "Not lit" or "On, not blinking"). I suspect that USB 9233 does not allow more than one "start task" and "stop task".  I can "clear task" and then re-config everything after each measurement, but is there better alternative?  Thanks.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,395 Views)
Just found out that if  I do not "Commit" in "Control task" (either delete "Control task" or use "Verify"), the code works fine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,393 Views)
Hey Ian -

Here are two links to some basic software triggering examples with the USB-9233:

One uses the Sound and Vibration Toolkit to do some analysis while the other is just DAQmx.

Hope this helps.
-Jack
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,380 Views)
Hi, Jack

Thanks for the info. What does "Commit" do in the "DAQmx Contrlol Task.vi"? I am switching from DAQ to DAQmx, and am still trying to get use to the concept of DAQmx.

As I mentioned in my previous posting, the code with "Commit" works with PCI 4474 but not USB 9233.

Thanks.

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,368 Views)

Hey Ian -

The DAQmx Help has some good information on the state model of the DAQmx driver and decribes what each of the states (including Commit) means.  Search the .chm with "state model" and you'll get the info pretty quick.

Also, here's a DevZone document which answers some higher level questions about the differences between DAQmx and Trad DAQ:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/EE47B125BB9E053686256FBC0014C384

What happens when you use the Commit with your USB-9233?  Does it stop acquiring, etc?

-Jack

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,343 Views)