From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6251 screw terminal version - what's under the hood?

Hello,

This is kind of a silly question, but I haven't been able to find an answer while perusing the site.  I'm looking at using the USB-6251 daq card for an application which requires some external circuitry.  All the pictures I have found of the usb-6251 show it with the cover over the screw terminal area (at least I'm guessing that's what it's covering).  Is there a general breadboard area in there too or just the screw terminals?  If it's just the screw terminals, I will most likely go with the mass term version and add the circuitry on a separate board.  Thanks for any help,

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,315 Views)

Hi Jon-

The screw terminal area on USB-625x devices does not include a breadboarding area.  If you need an easy solution for building external front-end circuitry I would indeed recommend the USB-6251 mass termination version with an SCB-68 terminal block (or similar) and a shielded 68-pin cable.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(3,304 Views)
Thanks Tom.  That's the exact information I was looking for.

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,292 Views)

Hello all,

if I understand correctly: the "screw term" version has screw contacts onboard: I can connect a thin wire directly to the DAQ lines. On the other hand, the "mass term" version needs a supplementary cablesold by NI.

Is that correct?

Many thanks to all, regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,035 Views)

xdaf,

You understand correctly.  Check out the datasheet and it's corresponding product page for pictures and specifications.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,030 Views)