Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 6211 ai GND,AO GND,Ai sense, ai GND problems

Hi all,

I have a question about grounding my test system.    I'll use the Ao (analog output) to supply a voltage output for a Trek amplifier and ai for collecting test data.    I have tested the DAQ card self Grounding.  The resistor between digital GND and Ai GND is 0.1Ohm, which means they are short together.   I'm using Single-ended Nonreferenced (NRSE). According to the manual, the Ao GND is connected to Ai sense directly and then connect Ai sense and Ai GND by a 50k Ohms resistor. Here is the problem. The digital GND and Ao GND are connected together in my circuit, which   means that Ai Sense and Ai GND short together.  It does not matter with the 50k Ohms resistor.    Is there any problem with my connection?  Thank you  very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,121 Views)

Ao GND are connected together in my circuit, which   means that Ai Sense and Ai GND short together.  It does not matter with the 50k Ohms resistor.

Then you should be RSE or Differential (Better)   Is there any problem with my connection? Yes

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,114 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Ao GND are connected together in my circuit, which   means that Ai Sense and Ai GND short together.  It does not matter with the 50k Ohms resistor.

Then you should be RSE or Differential (Better)   Is there any problem with my connection? Yes

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm trying to use NRSE. If there is a problem, how should I do with the GND connections?  

Best, 

Helen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,111 Views)

See above.  Nrse is a bad choice.  Don't keep trying.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,098 Views)