Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6001: software-selectable analog inputs similar to software-selectable analog inputs in usb-6008

Dear Users,

we use in our Physical Practice at TU Kaiserslautern at several experiments the USB-6008 to read signals. Now I need a substitude and I read, that USB-6008 will not be buyable in future. I read the specifications of USB-6008 and USB-6001, and it seems, that the specifications of USB-6001 can substitude the USB-6008. But I am confused about the following detail:

USB-6008 says "Analog Input ..., software selectable", but unfortunately USB-6001 not the same.

For reading the signals I create a task with NIDAQmx, and use this task in Labview.

Is this possible too with the USB-6001?

Sorry for my bad English and thank you in advance

Bernd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(801 Views)

If you describe how you are going to use this DAQ, we can help in verifying if it is possible.

Anyway, 6001 being an entry-level DAQ is not a direct 1-1 replacement for 6008, but if your requirement is simple enough, it may be satisfied by 6001.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(767 Views)

Thank you for your quick answer.

The problem for us is to know the possibilities before buying the usb-6001.
Our requirements are simple. Only to measure 2 voltages in difference, not single ended.

If the channels are multiplexed and its possible to pick the main channels than usb-6001 will accomplish our requirements.

On the other hand i'll contact NI if it is possible to get remainders of the 6008, because we have already 10 in action.

Kind regards
Bernd Stabel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(763 Views)