From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

untrappable error counting edges in timed loop

Hello,

I have been using a VI to count edges of a pulsed signal of a particle counter. I have two 6024E cards (Dev1 & Dev2). I use the two counters on Dev1 and one counter on Dev2. The fourth counter (second on Dev2) is used for hardware timing of the Timed Loop. I write the acquired data to a Functional Global VI. Just to lay down all of the facts, in a separate autonomously running VI I acquire analog data from the two 6024E cards. This VI uses multi-device synchronization (with a RTSI cable).

I am using less than 20% of my computer resources when all is running. The problem is that the counter VI just stops as if a user has pressed the STOP button (so no error message or useful feedback). I think there is some logic in the counter VI which I am missing which would trap the error. I wait for hours during the day to wait for the error to occur, but it conveniently and often errors only at night when I am away.

I included the counter VI, the functional global, and a snapshot of the multi-device synchonization VI.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have to help solve this problem.

Yours,
dewey
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,595 Views)
This thread continues here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,587 Views)