From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triggering on a PXI-6230

Does the PXI-6230 support hardware analog triggering??  I guess that would be a PFI...input.  If not, is there any scheme I could do using one of the other analog in channels??  I generate a pulse on an analog out channel then read it back on an in.  I think the code is too fast and the signal occurs after I've taken the reading.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,145 Views)

This is the code I'm using.  PXI8101 LV2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,136 Views)
Greetings Clint_Eastwood_1000 Analog trigger is not available in the PXI 6230, only Digital Edge. You could do a continuous acquisition and discard all data before the “trigger” condition. Let us know if you have any other questions. Warm Regards,
Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,121 Views)

In the Read_Write vi enclosed, is there a way to tell how much time elapses between the actual write then the read of the data??

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,114 Views)

Hi,

You could increase the amount of finite samples you are acquiring on the DAQmx Read side, or simply do "Continuous Samples" for testing. From your acquisition graph, you will be able to backcalculate how long it took for the software calls to be made. This will not be deterministic though - the exact time difference might change on every run.

You could also use tick counts to implement basic software timer functionality (see this helpful KnowledgeBase: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6F6B9F4E149C80578625652800784764)

Hope this helps!

Xavier
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,090 Views)

Thanks..I'll give that a try.  I like the tick count better.  That is what i think my issue is..  Differences in processor speeds or code execution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,082 Views)