From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the digital relationship of scanRate and sampleRate

Hello:
I'm using PCI-6024E DAQ board and labwindowscvi 5.0.1 to do some work.I failed to calculate the digital relationship of "sampleRate and scanRate" --- two parameters in the function "scan_op" of multichannels sample.Because when I set channelsnumber to 2(sample two AI channels),the scanRate to 500 scans per second and sampleRate to 800(400 samples per channel per second),I find sampling failed.When I change sampleRate to 1000(500 samples per channel per second) or 2000(1000 samples per channel per second),then sampling successed.So I think scanRate,sampleRate and channelsnumber must satisfy an digital relationship.But I failed to find it.If you know,please tell me,thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,178 Views)
Hello;

A value of 0 for the Scan Rate means there is no delay between scans and the effective scanRate is sampleRate / numChans.

When scanRate is not 0, scanRate must allow a minimum delay between the last channel of the scan and the first channel of the next scan. This delay must be at least 11 ?s on the AT-MIO-16X and 6 ?s on the AT-MIO-16F-5 and AT-MIO-64F-5. For E Series devices, this delay corresponds to the speed of the board. For example, 1 ?s for an E-1 board, 2 ?s for an E-2 board, and so on.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,178 Views)