Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temperature measuremrnt

hi 

i have ni 9201 module.

i want to measure temperature upto 400 degree and  resistance upto 200Mohm.

is it possible with this module and how

please suggest another option

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,509 Views)

Look for signal conditioning modules with an 10V output- Common in industrial automation.  Phoenix contact, weidmuelle and many otherr,  400deg temp no problem with a TC to 10V module and thermocouple sensor.  up to 400deg and lowest uncertaincy even pt100 is possible.

200 MOhm is more special 🙂 depends on needed uncertaincy. Again I'm shure you can find signal conditionerrs with a 10V ouput but a dedicated instrument with a rs232 or USB port might be of same price. Some restrictions on the measuring method?  You migth get an adjucated guess by simply plug the unknown resistor between an input and a stable 10 V source. together with the 1M input impedance it forms an voltage devider 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,506 Views)

i want to measure temperature of thermocouple using ni 9201 module.

is it possible. or i will need any external circuit for amplification.

i am trying for that but reading are not stable.

what should i do for that

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,378 Views)

@tksp wrote:

i want to measure temperature of thermocouple using ni 9201 module.

is it possible. or i will need any external circuit for amplification.

i am trying for that but reading are not stable.

what should i do for that

Did you not read Henrik's reply to you?  You will want external circuitry.  But there are industrial amplifiers specifically for this job.  I recommend you do some research based on what you were already told.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,367 Views)