Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temperature data logger with rs232

hello friends...

i seriously need your help in my minor project.i have temperature sensor made using lm35 and microcontoller .I am using MAX232 Module to commect my hardware to labview.now i want to make a temperature data logger using labview. i see lot of example but iwas not clear how to make all of them were different.actually i have made many program using labview but still am a learner and tis is my first when i am connecting hardware to it.so please please help me i have only 2 days to submit my work.please could any one make a vi for me.please!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,609 Views)

parii wrote: please could any one make a vi for me.please!!

1. You couldn't afford me

2. You have not even hinted at what the data format is of the data coming from the microcontroller to the computer over the RS-232 port.  This is what is most important.

Otherwise, I recommend you look at the Simple Serial Read example in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,610 Views)

sorry..i just want help ..i am am sending you picture of that..it shows reading in degree celcius.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,599 Views)
Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words but, in this case, the picture is pretty worthless. How can anyone get some useful information from that? What is the micro and how have you programmed the serial interface? What is the format of the data being sent? Have you done anything at all to read it with LabVIEW or another terminal emulator program?
Message 4 of 11
(6,591 Views)

previously i took data on lcd to see if it working or not..it work and show data.  i think the out put is hexadecimal number

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,567 Views)

ohh god cant somebody make a sample vi for helping me just a temperature data logger that can read data using rs232

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,565 Views)

@parii wrote:

ohh god cant somebody make a sample vi for helping me just a temperature data logger that can read data using rs232

We can once you give us some useful information.  Do you have the microcontroller code?  Perhaps we can figure out the serial protocol from that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,554 Views)

So instead of providing any sort of useful information in order to actually help you, you decide to cry. There are all the examples you need that come with LabVIEW. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,545 Views)

the data format is binary.And all i want to do is to take data from rs232 and make a log file of temperaure.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,497 Views)

The data format is binary.And all i want to do is to take data from rs232 and make a log file of temperaure. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,495 Views)