From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start simultanously two pci measurement, trigered over a analog input channel

I need to start a buffered and analog triggered DAQ with 2 PCI-6110 cards, connected over RTSI Bus Cable.
The analog trigger channel(0) and all other channels(1-6) and the time should be saved.
Is there a sample code in CVI or C++ witch describes this problem?
Begins the DAQ simultanously for both cards or there is a dealy? If yes how can i found out how much time?

thanks in advance
HM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,907 Views)
Greetings HM,

You can definitely synchronize both PCI-6110 devices so that all of the channels start at the same time using RTSI.

You will configure both of the 6110 devices for a trigger one will be for analog and the other will be configured for digital). You can use the Select_Signal function to route the trigger signal from one 6110 to the other device.

I have attached an example program that illustrates how to setup analog start/stop triggers on a 611x device within CVI. You will just need to add the Select_Signal function to route the trigger signal to the other device via RTSI. For more information on the Select_Signal function, check out the NI-DAQ function reference manual linked below.

NI-DAQ Function Reference Manual
http://digit
al.ni.com/manuals.nsf/webAdvsearch/1630A0B68738B269862567C1007A2912?OpenDocument&vid=niwc&node=132100_US

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd D.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,903 Views)

hi, i have the same project but the difference is that i want to configure a time wait to trigg on the analog channel (complementary trigg parameters defined on the VI AI start).

the difficulty that I don't resolve is that the delay trigg is not operate and the execution runaway whithout delay (instantanous execution of the Application). So I haven't the time to realize my manual operation which generate the event to trigg the acquisition of data.

do you have a solution to not launch the acquisition on the slave board in order to wait the the trigg evenment on the master board.

best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,767 Views)

sorry but i realized that i didn't precised that i used labview 6i and the example not work for this application.

best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,770 Views)
Hello bastien049,

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I can show you some example programs that should hopefully get you started.  For synchronizing two E-series devices via a RTSI cable, take a look at the following example program:

Using a Hardware Analog Trigger and RTSI to Start an Analog Input on Two E-Series Devices

This example program shows how to use a counter channel to create a delay in a digital trigger pulse.

Acquire Analog Data with a Delayed Digital Trigger

Take a look at these example programs and see if they meet your needs.  If you still need assistance, let us know some more information about what you are trying to do and what misbehavior you are seeing.

Regards,
Travis Gorkin
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,756 Views)