Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sporadically loosing communication with cDAQ-9174

I'm having an issue with losing communication with the cDAQ-9174 that i'm using. it has (2) 9485 SSR Relays and (1) 9205 Analog Input connected to it, with the 4th slot empty. 

periodically (~ once a week) the PC will lose communication with the 9174, but then re-establish communication sometime after that. This usually happens during the night while the system that its controlling is running.

the 9174 is in an e-box and powered by a 24 VDC supply, connected to a powered USB hub, the hub is connected to a USB panel pass-thru, and then from there a shielded USB cable (~3 ft long) with a ferrite on either end is conneciting it to a USB port on the back of the PC. I have tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 and it happens when connected to either. 

I'm working on a possible software fix, but I would like to fix the issue with the hardware itself. I was wondering if there is some driver update/firmware patch or anything along those lines to deal with losing communication with the cDAQ-9174. We have used these in the past and have had the same issue. A band-aid we've used is to just cycle power once a day, but with the current system that we're using the 9174 in that isn't a viable solution in my mind. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,131 Views)

Is the PC running some sort of defrag or anything else?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,117 Views)