From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

something happing to my daqpa

d it doesnot working,then i go to m&a and run test panel then it give following error message "the device is not responding to the selected base address would you lice to continue anyway? what sort of possible error? how can this error will be corrected? .my daqpaq doesnot responding and give the message"the device is not responding to the selected base address would you like to continue any way?what does this mean .how can i overcome this problem
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,348 Views)
d it doesnot working,then i go to m&a and run test panel then it give following error message "the device is not responding to the selected base address would you lice to continue anyway? what sort of possible error? how can this error will be corrected? .Hello malik,

I believe there is a definite solution to this behavior. If you could check out this KnowledgeBase entry, then I believe you will have an answer. I found the KnowledgeBase entry by searching for "daqpad", "base", and "address" in Option 3 at http:www.ni.com/support.

The issue is probably with the way the parallel port is configured or with the resources windows has allocated to the parallel port. In summary: The port needs to be in EPP or Normal mode (Not ECP mode). This is often a setting in your computer's BIOS. Also, scanning operations require an interrupt request number. Often windows default resource allocation for your port will only include a base address and not an interrupt request number.

If the KnowledgeBase entry does not solve the problem, then there are still several possible solutions to this question. I will need you to tell me more about the equipment you are using. I assume you are using the daqpad-mio-16xe-50 since you posted a question elsewhere on Developer Zone related to that daqpad. Also, please tell me your operating system.

Finally, within the user manual for the DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 is a list of troubleshooting tips for the error that you are receiving. I have included those at the bottom of this entry. Please try all of these as well.

There are lots of solutions here, so let's hope one of them will work for you. If not, make sure to write back with the extra information about your system.

Thank you,

John N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

**Troubleshooting tips from the User Manual:
If you receive a base address or communication error, check items a through e:
a. Make sure your chassis is switched on and the screws of the cable are tightly fastened.
b. Make sure you have connected the parallel port cable from the computer to port A of the
DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50.
c. Check that your base address is correct. This can be done either by checking your
computer technical manual or, in some cases, by checking the base address jumper. In
Windows applications, you may have a Hardware Control panel that will allow you to
enable and disable the parallel port. Common parallel port addresses are 0x378, 0x278,
0x3BC, 0x280, and 0x290 hex.
Note: If your parallel port address does not appear under the Base Address window
in WDAQCONF, you must turn off the Auto Test option under the Options menu
in the main window to access the other parallel port addresses.
d. Check that you are using the included 1 m parallel port cable. If you suspect that you
have a bad parallel port cable, replace it with a new cable or one that you know works
with another peripheral. If you are using another parallel port cable, check to make sure
it meets the required specifications. Refer to the Parallel Port Cable Specifications
section for these specifications.
e. If you are still having problems, please report the computer make and model number to
National Instruments. If you have a noncompatible parallel port, try adding an enhanced
parallel port as described in the Optional Equipment section of Chapter 1, Introduction.
Message 2 of 2
(2,348 Views)