Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software conflict

Solved!
Go to solution

That is the exact message I got.  Go looking for the Canexperts.mxe file and change the file extention..  reboot and see if it works. If it does work then you have a specific file for NI to fix. 

Yes it will make some feature not work.  I just haven't figured out which one. My goal was to make something work while they fixed the root problem.

BTW  You may have to make hidden files, system files, etc. visible, etc. in order to actual do this.  I don't know because making that stuff visible is one of the first things I do on my personal computers as soon as I start using them.  Ones that live in the field do not get such treatment.

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,153 Views)

That's the first thing I do too, allow viewing of hidden and system files. That message that I posted was from last week, before I noticed the DAQmx issue. Since then I have uninstalled EVERYTHING and reinstalled several times. I currently do not have any CAN or XNET installed so that file does not exist on my system.

I was thinking of doing an install of everything I need on the other laptop to see if the problem pops up on there. Currently I only installed MAX, no Labview or real-time. But, this takes such a long time I have to wait until I'm not busy on projects.

I'll post again if I find anything.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,146 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author teritask

After about a month and a half, Heather from NI helped me solve it by doing the following:

Entering the following from a command prompt:

sc delete nipalk
sc create nipalk binPath= System32\drivers\nipalk.sys type= kernel start=
boot

Note the spaces after each equals sign. Reboot after making those changes.

Heather was great to work with and now I can see remote systems on my laptop and install virtual PCI devices.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,007 Views)

Hi Teri,

I'm glad we were able to get your laptop working!

I'd like to add one thing though. The steps we asked you to take involve deleting/modifying entries in your registry, which is something that might not work for everyone (and could potentially damage a system). For anyone else experiencing this behavior, we recommend creating a Service Request to speak with our Applications Engineers first to find a solution specific to your system. Even though those steps did resolve one instance of this issue, we can't guarantee that it will resolve every instance. Just a fair warning Smiley Wink

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,000 Views)

Thanks for clarifying Justin...I was thinking of that after I posted but got sidetracked. After reviewing all the steps that we went through, it boiled down to the nipalk problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,997 Views)