Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single board rio using modbus

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to apply the modbus library (http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4756) on the single board rio sbRIO-9636 for RS232 serial communication. And what is the detail steps for this application? 

I have copy the files "NI Modbus.llb" and "nimodbus.mnu" under the D:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\user.lib.

But when I add the "MB Init.vi" module in the vi for FPGA, it shows that it is not executable. 

3.png4.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,671 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author percy222

So I could be wrong, but I don't think the Modbus library is supported on the sbRIO.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,658 Views)

Thank you. I have applied the modbus library on sbrio9636 successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,642 Views)

Sorry, does that mean you did get it to work on the sbRIO?

If so, could you post what your problem was and how you solved it so that others can learn from your experience too?

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,638 Views)

ok, my problem is to apply the modbus library on sbRIO9636.

At first, I created vi from the example "MB Serial Example Slave" under the position of FPGA which will not make it works.

Then I created vi "MB Serial Example Slave" under the position of Chassis(sbRIO9636), the project will include the relative subvi autonomously.

After that, the processors on the sbRIO9636 can support this modbus vi "MB Serial Example Slave" as the picture shows below:

5.png6.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,633 Views)