Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous signal excitation and reception

Hello all,

I want to make a program in labview to excite the primary winding of transformer and at the same time I want to read the signal from secondry winding. I made a block diagram with my knowledge (please see  picture 1). But when I run this program signal is exciting only once. so I modified my block diagram as Picture 2 , and its working. But my question is

1) Is this the right way of programming to get continuous signal ?

2) Is output and input synchronised ? since my application is in transformers, I need to record the input and output at the same time

3) In picture 1, since I am using same rate for both sample clocks, I can somewhat say they are in sync (please corrrect me if I am wrong). But how to say output and input in picture 2 are synchronised? 

Thank you

Vaidhin

using Labview 2011, 6361 DAQ

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,257 Views)

Hello vaidhin,

i attached a example VI to this post, which does everythink you need.

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,235 Views)

Hello Stephan ,

Thank you for the quick reply. It answered some of my questions like synchronisation and timing. But if you observe in the signal generation part, it is generating signal for only fixed number of samples, signal is not continuous. I want continuous signal untill I hit the stop button. thats why in Picture 2 (attached in my first post) I enclosed the signal generation part in while loop.  I want to test my transformer for hours by exciting the signal using DAQ.

Thank you

-Vaidhin.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,227 Views)

Hi vaidhin,

sorry, I don't catch this detail. It is possible to generate a continous waveform without to write it in a while loop during the whole programm.

This abillity is called regeneration. You can found further information at the following website:

Analog Output Regeneration in NI-DAQmx - Developer Zone - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3874/en

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,225 Views)

Thank you stephen... very informative... I will go through this and report you back

-Vaidhin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,222 Views)

Hello Stepahn,

In the above VI you attached, can you explain me how synchronisation is done ?  My question is In analog output part digital edge trigger is configured fron AI terminal. So without having any signal in analog input,there should not be any signal generation in AO.

But when I put a scope at the end of signal generation block, it is showing full signal generated even there id no trigger from the AI terminal. How is this possible ? 

how exactly this acquisition process starts??? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,191 Views)