Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple VBasic exe that displays voltage

Hi, I've installed my multifunctional DAQ E Series I/O board and am trying to create a Visual Basic program to read voltage that my power supply is feeding out. Everything is connected correctly, but I can�t make the functions to read the power supply. Please help me create a simple VB program that reads the voltage from my power supply and then displays it. Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,343 Views)
First, you must make sure that the analog input mode for reading your signal set in MAX is the same one that you are using. You can look at the E Series Boards' User Manual, and find out how to do so.

Second, there are some Visual Basic shipping examples that go along with the NIDAQ driver. They should be installed in your computer when you installed NIDAQ. If not, you can modify the nidaq driver installation and install those examples.

Finally, I am attaching one of those examples that can allow you read continuously from one of the channels of your board. However, you may still need to modify some parameters of the AI COMPONENTS.

Hope this info is helpful.

L Aguila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,343 Views)
Thanks L Aguila for your help. The examples are great, but I am having a little diffuculty. I'm not very good with this.. but could you explain to me what kind of a value i need to fill in for the continuous acquisition.Frm when I run it, I get an error at
Option Explicit

Private Sub Start_Click()
CWAI1.Device = DeviceNumEdit.Value

i don't know what it's looking for. Could you help explin to me please?

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,343 Views)
I guess your device number is not "1" as it is set in the CWAI component work. You can know what device to choose by right-clicking on the CWAI icon that is on the VB form, select Properties, and select the # which your data acquisition board was assigned to. That should solve the problem. Let me know if that doesn't for any reason, because it runs fine in my computer, and the instruction is defined correctly.

L Aguila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,343 Views)