From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shielded cable NI SH10F-25M wiring?

Hi experts!

I have a NI SH10F-25M shielded cable to connect to my NI 9215 AnalogInput Module connector block (SubD24->10 terminal NI connector block.).

Pins 1/3/4/6/7/9/10/12/13 go to  the COM terminal.  

1) Does anybody know, where this connection is established?

I would assume, that the connection between those Pins and the COM terminal is done on the module side - not within the SUBD24    connector. Am I right?

2) I need all 4 differential Input channels and would use 4 different pins to connect to COM. How to deal with the remaining Pins (to com). Can they be left open?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,836 Views)

Hi Luke,

why do you want to know where the connection is established? What difference does that make? You would probably have to open your cable/connectors to see that.

The COM Port is the isolated ground reference of the module and it depends on if you have grounded or floating differntial signals. What signals do you have? What are you going to measure on your channels?

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,804 Views)

Thanks for the reply! 

I was hoping that  somebody from NI would answer the question regarding the cabeling whin the NI SH10F. To cut off an cable for about 50$ is nor really an option.

I have to measure amplified DMS differential voltage signals. From electronic-wise more experienced collagues of mine, I was told that I should take care that the different common lines join as close as possible to the Input modules...

Best wishes,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,767 Views)

Hi Luke,

I am from NI but unfortunately we also have no further information about the inside of the cable (only the developers have). But I am sure that the cable is developed in a way that no measurement problems occur. If you discover some, please feel free to tell me about them and I will take further steps.

The COM pins can be left open. But be aware on how to connect the ones you need (see the manual of NI 9215 for that).

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,616 Views)