Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial communication through daq over internal clock

we want to communicate with a UUT by sending and receiving data  in serial through 6534 with  specifying a clock which is generated by 6534.
we want to write data through one port of 6534 and read the response of the UUT through the other port of 6534 by using the same clock which is generated by 6534.Can anybody help us about the wiring and the software to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,764 Views)
Hi,

You can use LabVIEW and the NI-DAQmx driver to develop your serial application. Several Examples are provided with DAQmx. The ones you should look at are Write Dig Chan-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi and Read Dig Chan-Int Clk-Dig Ref.vi (you may or may not want the triggers for your application). Save a copy of one of these examples and modify it to fit your needs. You can share the clock of the input and output tasks by setting the sample clock of the output to /Devx/di/SampleClock. Let us know if you need more info.

--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,744 Views)

Hi Michael,

I use Labwindows CVI for my application.I saw the Labview  application before,but it is not clear enough for cvi.Could you please help me for an application in CVI?

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,742 Views)
Take a look at the CVI  DAQmx examples located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\CVI71\samples\DAQmx\Digital\. In particular, C:\Program Files\National Instruments\CVI71\samples\DAQmx\Digital\Generate Values\Cont Write Dig Port-Ext Clk\ and C:\Program Files\National Instruments\CVI71\samples\DAQmx\Digital\Read Values\Read Dig Port-Ext Clk. Let me know if you have any questions about these.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,731 Views)
Hi Michael;
we succeded to write data in frequency we wanted.Its time for reading data from the device which will use the clock generated by 6534.Although we used DAQmxExportSignal, DAQmxExportedSignalAttribute(...outputTerminal...) , DAQmxExportedSignalAttribute(...OutputBehaviour...) functions, we could not be able to get the internally generated clock of 6234,on any of the pin of 6534.What do you recommend on this?
thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,713 Views)
See the attached image for which internal signals can be routed to which external pins.

--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,703 Views)
Sorry, attachment didn't work. Trying again....

Message Edited by Michael P on 02-28-2006 01:44 PM

--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,700 Views)
Hi Michael,
Your last reply meant nothing to me.So I decided to send you the .c files in my project.We want to use the pattern I/O mode.We succeded to write to DIO, but we could not get, on board clock freq on any of the board pins.We need to export the board clock to send it our UUT for its clock needing.Plase view my code attached,and comment on on it to make  an clok output setting.It is somme urgent and serious to get a useful reply from you.
thanks...
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,689 Views)
I looked at your code, and you are trying to export a signal that does not exist on the 6534 (10MHz reference clock). Take a look at the table I attached above. It shows all the internal signals that can be routed, and what pins they can be routed to. For example, you can route the two sample clock timebases to PFI4 and PFI5, respectively. Use the DAQmxConnectTerms function to route one of these signals to an external pin. Let me know if this is unclear.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,679 Views)
Hi Michael! I'm interested in the solution and the examples that you gave . My problem is that i do not have the 7.1 version but the 8.5...and the given examples do not exist in the CVI85 folder, does someone know where I can find those ? :mansad:
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,304 Views)