From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO 9611

The page came with NI sb-RIO 9611 says "Go to ni.com/info and enter the info code sbriodocs to locate the user guide for this product"

But it is not there.

How to get started with this board? where are the documents? Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,033 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,008 Views)

I have already gone through them,

Basically I am not getting few info ----- > 

1> What is the Factory out IP address of this board?

2> Do I need any specific driver for this sb- RIO?

3> Which type of project should I start in LabVIEW to start programming (FPGA project? or anything else?)?

these are not there in those manuals!! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,986 Views)

Sounds like what you really want is the Getting Started With CompactRIO and LabVIEW guide. Should get you up and running, but I prefer the web portal experience at http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/. Just use the CompactRIO links (same requirements and setup).

To answer your questions directly:

1. Should be set to DHCP (assuming it's a newer board), so it will acquire an IP when you connect it to your local network.
  2. Yup! You'll need NI-RIO. Which version will depend on which version of LabVIEW you're using. Here's the version compatibility chart.
  3. You should start learning LabVIEW RT first. Honestly, when you're ready to start your application, the Compact RIO Developers Guide will give you all the info you'll ever need. I recommend reading it cover to cover after going through the available (free with SSP) online training for LabVIEW RT and FPGA.
Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,967 Views)