Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt simultaneous signal generation

Hey there everyone,

i'm working with the following setup:

- PXIe-1062Q (Chassis)

- PXIe-8108   (Embedded Controller)

- PXIe-6361  (Card used for signal generation)

- PXI-6133    (Card used for measurement purposes)

- 2x PXI-6509 (not yet implemented)

The system is connected via ethernet and i'm trying to generate two simultaneos free waveforms with the AO-0 and AO-1 Outputs from the PXIe-6361,

they should start at nearly the same moment.

Also it has to be possible to change amplitude, frequency, phase and waveform on the fly.

A trigger signal should be generated every period so that the measure card "knows" when a period starts. I thought the RTSI-Bus would be well suited for this signals.

I don't want you to solve all these Issues but i seriously need a good approach to solve them, because i'm trying it sice one week to get simultaneous glitch free waveforms and it just will not work...

Thanks in advance

Kai T.

BM_Trainee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,627 Views)

UPDATE:

Hello again,

now it's possible to generate two simultaneous Waveforms which are independent according to amplitude and phaseshift. The frequency for both signals should be exactly the same so i got it wrong in the my first post.

As you'll see in the following pictures, everything works fine, besides one big problem:

AO0001.JPG

Figure 1: General Output

AO0002.JPG

Figure 2: 180° Phaseshift

AO0003.JPG

Figure 3: different amplitudes (1.5V and 0.5V) V/div are the same as before!

The problem i has been talking about are the pauses between each 1000 samples.

Also i have to stop the output-task so that i'm able to generate a new wave.

I have to generate Signals up to 7 kHz and maybe higher. When i tried to get this output the system crashed.

I'll just attach the whole project to give you a better insight in my actual program.

So my question is, can i somehow use a continuous sampling mode and update the values to be generated on the fly?

I think it should be possible by using the onboard DAC-FIFO but i don't know how i can utilize it.

Thanks in advance

Kai T.

BM_Trainee

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,595 Views)

Hi BM_Trainee,

I found these two examples, perhaps this will help:

1. http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-7692

2. http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3457

Best Regards,

Lam