Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading/writing cDAQ Hardware Property node information (NI9220 or general)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a CompactDAQ system with a 9188XT chassis and several 9220 A/D modules. Using a Hardware Property node, I am able to read "Calibration Notes" (CalNotes) and it returns an empty string.  I would like to store some information on the card, does anyone know how to write to this (or a similar) property?  I could use the Comments section for the 9188XT, but these are more easily visible (and editable) in MAX.  In addition, this field is limited to 64 characters.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,392 Views)

I have a CompactDAQ system with a 9188XT chassis and several 9220 A/D modules. Using a Hardware Property node, I am able to read "Calibration Notes" (CalNotes) and it returns an empty string.  I would like to store some information on the card, does anyone know how to write to this (or a similar) property?  I could use the Comments section for the 9188XT, but these are more easily visible (and editable) in MAX.  In addition, this field is limited to 64 characters.  Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James_S

Howdy James_S,

Have you seen this forum post?  I think it may be helpful.

Please make note that this behavior is unsupported by National Instruments as it permanently alters your hardware.

Tyler O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,342 Views)

Thanks Tyler, that showed the exact format for what I wanted to see.  Unfortunately the comments field is only 4 bytes, so I'll have to go a different direction.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,302 Views)